Things to Do in Menomonie and Downsville
Disconnect and Enjoy the Views
Wisconsin is full of gorgeous woods, trails, and lakes. Our corner of Wisconsin is no different. Guests at Woodland Ridge Retreat have plenty of ways to explore and engage with nature when not having fun with their crafts.
- Explore the private trails on 60 acres of woodlands and restored prairie just out our back door
- Hike, bike, or ski the Red Cedar Trail located 3 block away
- Visit the Devil’s Punchbowl Nature Preserve with more than 125 native plant species
There are plenty of ways to enjoy your stay at Woodland Ridge. When you need a creative break, or time at the end of the day to shake things up, Menomonie has many attractions to offer.
- Dunn County Pottery
- Downsville Community Museum
- Caddie Woodlawn Historic Site
- Mabel Tainter Theater
- Dunn County Historical Society at the Russell J. Rassbach Museum
Take Some Time for Yourself
Enjoy a Quiet Space
Our rooms are perfect for reading, writing, or any activity that soothes you.
Take Refuge in Nature
Take to the trails or head to our collection of parks. There’s plenty of activities for you to enjoy nature.
Socialize with Fellow Artists
Spend time with friends and meet new ones that share your passion for creativity.
Enjoy the Dunn County Barn Quilt Trail
The Dunn County Barn Quilt Trail is a joint initiative from Mary Kolstad and Janine Thull. Barn quilts have been a feature of unique farms through America for over 300 years and distinguish families from one another. Although they waned i popularity during the 20th century, we are seeing a resurgence of them today.
Visitor at Woodland Ridge Retreat can stop and enjoy the Dunn County Quilt Trail and see the art that makes families across America unique.