This workshop covers unique machine-piecing techniques, color and fabric guidelines for creating the complex and mobile reflection of a kaleidoscope. While gaining insight into the nature of symmetry and intricately printed fabrics, students will learn to create a design that sews together successfully and renders a kaleidoscopic image filled with luminosity and dramatic impact.
On day one students learn all of the unique machine piecing, drafting and template techniques used to create complex images by sewing a pattern called SunStars. The next days include exploration of more advanced themes (ie: piecing curves, innovative use of fabrics, learning to identify and join divergent angles, exploring a range of angles using the pattern called Sixty-Thirty). Students will begin to work independently, designing and sewing at their own pace with the instructor providing individual attention. The workshop is more process than product oriented and each student works at their own pace. Skills get cemented and integrated, making the processes richer and layered. Consider time and space to create among like-minded peers a rare gift to be much appreciated. In the classroom context, seeing what others make is almost as good as making it yourself.
Visit Paula’s Website
Level: Intermediate to Advanced Quilter
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $995 (add tax for meal portion = $5.50) (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Workshop starts at 9am Tuesday September 28, 2021 and ends Saturday afternoon at 4pm
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging available Monday Night – Saturday Morning
- Meals provided with Lodging: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal provided with price of workshop)
- Triple Occupancy $395 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $545 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Single Occupancy $985 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
- Sewing Machine Rental $100/per week
If paying by mail, contact us to hold a place for one week until deposit is received.
Paula Nadelstern Registration Form 2021