This workshop covers unique machine-piecing techniques, color and fabric guidelines for creating the complex and mobile reflection of a kaleidoscope. While gaining insight into the nature of symmetry and intricately printed fabrics, students will learn to create a design that sews together successfully and renders a kaleidoscopic image filled with luminosity and dramatic impact.
On day one students learn all of the unique machine piecing, drafting and template techniques used to create complex images by sewing a pattern called SunStars. The next days include exploration of more advanced themes (ie: piecing curves, innovative use of fabrics, learning to identify and join divergent angles, exploring a range of angles using the pattern called Sixty-Thirty). Students will begin to work independently, designing and sewing at their own pace with the instructor providing individual attention. The workshop is more process than product oriented and each student works at their own pace. Skills get cemented and integrated, making the processes richer and layered. Consider time and space to create among like-minded peers a rare gift to be much appreciated. In the classroom context, seeing what others make is almost as good as making it yourself.
Visit Paula’s Website
Level: Intermediate to Advanced Quilter
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $995 (add tax for meal portion = $5.50) (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Workshop starts at 9am Tuesday September 28, 2021 and ends Saturday afternoon at 4pm
- On site lodging is currently sold out: Contact us to be added to the lodging wait list
- Recommended local hotels in Menomonie: Hampton Inn Cobblestone Inn
- Sewing Machine Rental $100/per week
If paying by mail, contact us to hold a place for one week until deposit is received.
Paula Nadelstern Registration Form 2021