Creativity, Curves, and Compositions
In this workshop, you start by making a curvy-pieced quadrant quilt of your own design. You translate simple doodles into block designs and transfer the line work to freezer paper for making patterns. You then walk through the steps for making a fabric version of your drawings. In the second half of the workshop, you move to a larger sized composition with more complex curves.
For both projects, Patricia guides you in your color choices and composition ideas that work best with her curved approach. By the end of the workshop, you will have the confidence to add curves to your future quilt projects.
Note: For alums of a previous Curves Workshop with Patricia, your assignments will focus on Improv Curves.
Patricia Belyea takes joy in teaching quilters how to incorporate curves into their quilt designs. She has taught curved piecing across the US, in Canada, and in the UK. Her first book about quilting, East-Meets-West Quilts, released in 2017. Patricia imports and sells vintage Japanese yukata cottons at her Okan Arts shop in Seattle and online.
Enrollment is limited to 12 students.
Skill Level: Beginning and advanced quilters welcome
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop Fee: $995 (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Class starts at 9am daily and ends at 4pm on the last day of the workshop
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging available Monday Night – Saturday Morning
- Meals provided with Lodging: Breakfast and Dinner is served daily (noon meal provided with price of workshop)
- Triple Occupancy $495 (lodging plus 10 meals)
- Double Occupancy $645 (lodging plus 10 meals)
- Single Occupancy $1085 (lodging plus 10 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
Prefer to register by mail? Contact us to hold your place, then fill out the registration form below and return with your deposit within the week.
Patricia Belyea Registration Form 2021