Mary Sue Fenner: Shop and Sew – One of a Kind Garment Workshop
Mary Sue will help you plan, shop for fabric and sew a one-of-a-kind garment. Each student will make a unique jacket, vest or dress using a pattern custom fit to each student.
Mary Sue will teach classic, traditional and contemporary sewing and finishing techniques to create a one of a kind wearable garment. Her trunk show of more than 70 garments will be available to try on, and photograph for inspiration.
Day One will start with an inspirational Trunk Show of garments. Commercial sewing patterns will be evaluated and students will be guided through alterations, planning and prepping sewing patterns. Day Two we will board a coach bus with sewing patterns in hand, and shop for fabulous fabrics in Minneapolis, St. Paul and Maiden Rock.
Days Three through Five will focus on garment construction and sewing techniques.
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop Fee $895 (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Supply Fee TBD
- Class starts at 12pm Tuesday with a noon meal, Wednesday-Saturday hours are 9am to 4pm
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging August 3-7, 2020: Monday Night – Saturday Morning:
- Meals served: Breakfast is served Wednesday-Saturday
- Evening meals will be on your own
- Triple Occupancy $375 (lodging plus 4 meals)
- Double Occupancy $525 (lodging plus 4 meals
- Single Occupancy $965 (lodging plus 4 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
Prefer to register by mail? Be sure to contact us to reserve your place, then fill out the registration form below and return with your payment in full within the week.
Mary Sue Fenner Registration Form 2020