The Eco-Printed Garment
This workshop combines the talents of Mary Sue Fenner and Lisa Binkley to help you create your very own Eco-Printed Garment.
During this five-day workshop students will work with Mary Sue to select and fit the perfect top or vest pattern and ready fabrics to print and dye with botanicals. Lisa will teach students how to prepare fabric for dyeing and printing; ways to secure and alter dye color on cloth; and many ways to get patterns and images on fabric with plants. Students will gather many of their printing and dyeing plants from the woodlands surrounding our retreat. Botanical printing will be limited to the first three days of the workshop, The balance of time will be devoted to finishing garments.
As the week progresses Mary Sue will assist students with garment construction. Lisa will share ideas for stitching and embellishing garments.
Because this is a new collaboration, garment samples are not yet available.
Visit Lisa’s website
Level: Skilled Beginner to Advanced
Class Size Limited to 16 Students
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $1050 (add tax for meal portion = $5.50) (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Workshop Supply Fee TBD
- Workshop starts at 9am Tuesday, August 23, 2022 and ends Saturday afternoon at 4pm
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging available Monday Night – Saturday Morning on a first come, first served basis
- Meals provided with Lodging: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal provided with price of workshop)
- Triple Occupancy $420 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $570 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Single Occupancy not available during this workshop
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
- Sewing Machine Rental $100/per week
If paying by mail, contact us to hold a place for one week until deposit is received.
EcoPrinted Garment Registration Form Aug 2022