The Eco-Printed Garment
This workshop combines the talents of Mary Sue Fenner and Lisa Binkley to help you create your very own Eco-Printed Garment. The focus will be on the basics of botanical dyeing and printing fabrics, and sewing a garment (vests, tops, or jackets work well) appropriate for each student. Plenty of samples will be shared with the group.
Mary Sue will teach sewing and finishing techniques to create your garment. Her trunk show garments will be available to try on for inspiration. Basic sewing machine knowledge is required. Mary Sue will help each student personalize their garment fitting.
Lisa will work with students to dye and print their fabrics with plant materials primarily gathered from the area around Woodland Ridge Retreat. Students will be able to work with uncut pieces of fabric as well as fabrics that they have already cut for their selected garment(s).
Botanical printing will be limited to the first three days of the workshop, The balance of time will be devoted to finishing garments. As the week progresses Mary Sue will assist students with garment construction. Lisa will share ideas for stitching and embellishing garments.
Because this is a new collaboration, garment samples are not yet available. Suggested patterns and recommended fabrics can be found on the workshop supply list below.
Woodland Ridge Eco Printed Garment Supply List
Visit Lisa’s website
Level: Skilled Beginner to Advanced
Class Size Limited to 16 Students
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $1050 (add tax for meal portion = $5.50) (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Workshop Supply Fee TBD
- Workshop starts at 9am Tuesday, August 23, 2022 and ends Saturday afternoon at 4pm
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging available Monday Night – Saturday Morning on a first come, first served basis
- Meals provided with Lodging: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal provided with price of workshop)
- Triple Occupancy $420 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $570 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Single Occupancy not available during this workshop
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
- Sewing Machine Rental $100/per week
If paying by mail, contact us to hold a place for one week until deposit is received.
EcoPrinted Garment Registration Form Aug 2022