Please note: We are currently requiring Proof of Vaccination for workshops
From Watercolor to Quilt
Abstract watercolor paintings will be created the first day using 10 different painting techniques that will leave the student with many paintings to choose from. Techniques include, transparent layered shapes, resists, rubber cement drawing resist, washes, glazing, dropping in of colors, surface treatments using soap bubbles, rubbing alcohol and grids, etc. One painting will be chosen and cropped to find the most dynamic part. This will be drawn to make templates, then enlarged, and translated with fabrics into a quilt using either my turned edge technique or the students preferred technique. When the quilt is done it will look like a watercolor painting. No painting experience is needed.
Class size is limited to 12 students.
Visit Katie’s Website
Watercolor to Quilt Supply List
Level: Intermediate to Advanced Quilter
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $1195 (add tax for meal portion = $6.88) (includes 5 meals: lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Workshop starts at 9am Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 and ends Saturday afternoon at 4pm
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging available Monday Night – Saturday Morning
- Meals provided with Lodging: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal provided with price of workshop). If Covid is still a concern in 2023 we will add evening meals for an additional charge
- Triple Occupancy $435 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $585 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Single Occupancy $1025 (lodging plus 5 meals) Please book a single room if you snore
- Add additional nights to your stay for $75 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
- Sewing Machine Rental $100/per week
If paying by mail, please register on our website and choose check payment. Check payments must be received 7 business days after registration.