The Textured Landscape
Design and construct your own landscape quilt, learning the key elements of design and experimenting with color. The first project, a color exercise, will be a small scene where the pattern will be provided. Focal point, perspective and other basic design principles will be discussed then you will begin to design your own wall hanging working from a photo, sketch or picture. Your design can be abstract or as realistic or anywhere in between. Consider piecing, stripping and mosaic options for different areas then using an overlay technique, construct your quilt. Fabric painting, fusing, invisible machine appliqué, free motion stitching and quilting techniques will be included.
This is a five day class where each everyone is challenged to produce their own design but is supported through each stage of the process. Many of the techniques in my landscape classes, including Linear Landscapes, Light up your landscape and The Painted Landscape and The Patterned Landscape will be outlined as options in this five day class.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced Quilter
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop Fee: $995 (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Kit Fee TBD
- Class starts at 9am daily and ends at 4pm on the last day of the workshop
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging May 9 – May 13, 2022: Monday Night – Saturday Morning:
- Meals served: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal is included in the price of the workshop)
- Evening meals will be on your own
- Triple Occupancy $395 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $545 (lodging plus 5 meals
- Single Occupancy $985 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
Prefer to register by mail? Be sure to contact us to reserve your place, then fill out the registration form and return with your payment in full within the week.