Artful Improv – Permission to Play!
Please note: Proof of Vaccination Required for this Workshop
Learn to create your own original quilts with no pattern using improvisational piecing techniques. Students will learn to let go of the “rules” and piece blocks in an intuitive, free form fashion. We will explore contemporary improv blocks, improv circles, and angled stripes, plus insets and curved strips. Use strips and scraps to add interest and make your design your own. There’s no measuring or precise cutting and each quilt will be unique.
We will discuss color choices and using simple design principles to create an original dynamic composition. This extended format class goes into these ideas in depth, as well as discussing quilting options and alternative finishing techniques. Basic sewing skills and a machine in good working order necessary.
Enrollment is limited to 12 students.
Skill Level: Intermediate to advanced quilters welcome
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop Fee: $995 (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Sewing Machine Rental $100 per week
- Class starts at 9am daily and ends at 4pm on the last day of the workshop
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging August 15-19, 2022: Monday Night – Saturday Morning:
- Meals served: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal is included in the price of the workshop)
- Evening meals will be on your own
- Triple Occupancy $420 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $570 (lodging plus 5 meals
- Single Occupancy $1010 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
If paying by mail, contact us to hold a place for one week until deposit is received.
Cindy Grisdela Registration Form 2022