Please note: Proof of Vaccination Required for this Workshop
For several years Betty has been exploring the use of various non woven materials in her fiber art. They have been a wonderful addition to traditional fabrics, extending the range of expression that can be achieved.
This class will focus on using our non-woven shapes created in earlier workshops (in Multi Media Fiber 1) along with fabrics and other fibers to make effective compositions.
Instruction in the use of the Cameo cutter will be provided. Betty will demonstrate its use and design features with both the non-wovens and vinyl.
The aim of the class is to give each student many exciting ideas to experiment with.
After graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design with a ceramics major, Betty Busby founded a custom ceramic tile manufacturing firm in Los Angeles. After nearly 20 years of running the firm, she sold the business in 1994 (it is still in operation to this day).
Upon relocating to New Mexico, she changed the focus of her art work to fiber, taking it full time in 2004. Her manufacturing background has lead to constant experimentation with new materials and techniques that fuel her work. The classic fractal structures of the sub microscopic world are a constant inspiration, as are natural processes, such as oxidation, replication and growth.
Materials fee $20
Class size is limited to 12 students.
Visit Betty’s Website
Level: Adventurous Beginner to Advanced
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $995 (add tax for meal portion = $6.88) (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Workshop starts at 9am Tuesday, June 20th, 2023 and ends Saturday afternoon at 4pm
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging Monday Night – Saturday Morning
- Meals provided with Lodging: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal provided with price of workshop). If Covid is still a concern in 2023 we will add evening meals for an additional charge
- Triple Occupancy $435 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $585 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Single Occupancy – Sold Out
- Add additional nights to your stay for $75 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
- Sewing Machine Rental $100/per week
If paying by mail, please register on our website and choose check payment. Check payments must be received 7 business days after registration.