Explore Our Amenities
Our retreat center was originally built as a luxury hotel addition and has all the amenities you would expect from a wonderful stay nestled in nature. Woodland Ridge Retreat has eight guest rooms, sleeping three guests per room in full-sized beds. When you arrive, you’ll find:
- A bellman’s car for easy unloading of your luggage
- Comfortable full-size beds with down alternative comforters, pillows, and bed linens
- A bathroom fully stocked with towels, shampoo, conditioner, and hairdryer
- A whirlpool bath and separate shower
ADA Accessibility at Woodland Ridge Retreat
Woodland Ridge Retreat offers fully-accessible amenities during your stay. We keep rooms and facilities ADA-compliant to accommodate our guests. As a part of our accessible lodging, we have:
- All facilities on a single level, with no stairs for guests to navigate
- An ADA-accessible guest room with walk-in shower is available upon request.
- Food modifications for those with allergies
- Rooms with special alarms for the hearing impaired
Two Brightly Lit Studios
A wall of windows in each studio looks out onto private courtyards. Each guest has access to brightly lit workstations during their stay. These workstations have project tables with adjustable heights, ergonomic office chairs for comfort, and an Ott Lite for each station.
You’ll also find multiple power outlets, raised cutting tables with mats and rulers, ironing boards and dry irons, and design walls. Enjoy access to our Wi-Fi network for music, entertainment, and research while you work.
A Fully-Stocked Guest Kitchen
At Woodland Ridge Retreat, guests have access to a guest kitchen with two refrigerators, a microwave, induction cooktops, crock pots, convection oven, dishes, wine glasses, flatware, and serve ware. Feel free to use our cooking supplies and partake in the fresh coffee and tea we provide daily.
On request our weekend guests can add five fresh, delicious meals prepared with local ingredients. For those with specific food preferences, soy-free and gluten-free meals are available. For any other needs, feel free to contact us.
The Red Cedar Trail
Enjoy Downsville, Menomonie, and Durand
Recommended Items for Your Retreat
There are a few items you’ll need for your stay, especially for our quilters who are joining us for a class or workshop. Make sure you label any tools or crafting materials that you bring. All guests should remember to pack:
- Projects for sewing, knitting, stamping, scrapbooking, painting, etc.
- Any artist’s tools you’ll need
- Show and Tell items (finished objects or unfinished objects)
- Comfortable clothing and toiletries
- Medications (please pack in their original containers in case of an emergency)
Items for Quilters
There are a few items our quilting guests will need to remember. These items include:
- Sewing machine
- Foot pedal
- Power cord
- Extra presser feet
- Bobbins and other accessories
Are you ready for your stay? Reserve your trip now to Woodland Ridge Retreat!