Create with Luxury Comforts
Woodland Ridge Retreat offers a beautiful getaway for artists and crafters. Stay at our facility for multi-day workshops taught by world-renowned fiber artists or book a time and devote yourself to any form of art. You’ll experience unforgettable accommodations and cultivate friendships with like-minded people. You’ll find:
- A quiet, peaceful space to create
- A fully-stocked guest kitchen and meals with local ingredients
- Access to amenities in Downsville and nearby Menomonie, WI
- ADA-accessible lodging
Workshops and Classes
Enjoy multiple days of instruction from renowned educators in the fiber art community. With guidance from artists like David Taylor, Sue Benner, and Lisa Binkley, you can cultivate expert skills and practice incorporating them into your art.
At our workshops, you can:
- Learn advanced techniques to become a better fiber artist
- Receive hands-on instruction from world- renowned creatives
- Have access to a dedicated, ergonomic workstation
- Enjoy a quiet stay in nature with hotel-quality amenities
View our upcoming workshops and find out how workshops can help you reach your next phase of artistic development.
Independent and Collaborative Retreats
Woodland Ridge is open to all artists with retreats for quilters, knitters, scrapbookers, and more. Retreat packages range from two to five nights, with a fully accessible facility. By booking a retreat, you can:
- Find a place to disconnect and work on your craft
- Learn new techniques to develop your skills
- Cultivate friendships with like-minded artists
- Immerse yourself in the beautiful nature of the Red Cedar River Valley
- Experience Downsville and nearby Menomonie with hikes, dining, and shop hops
Regardless of how you recharge, Woodland Ridge Retreat in Wisconsin provides the calming space you’ll need. Browse our classes and workshops to get inspired!