Creativity, Curves, and Compositions
In this workshop, you start by making a curvy-pieced quadrant quilt of your own design. You translate simple doodles into block designs and transfer the line work to freezer paper for making patterns. You then walk through the steps for making a fabric version of your drawings. In the second half of the workshop, you move to a larger sized composition with more complex curves.
For both projects, Patricia guides you in your color choices and composition ideas that work best with her curved approach. By the end of the workshop, you will have the confidence to add curves to your future quilt projects.
Patricia Belyea takes joy in teaching quilters how to incorporate curves into their quilt designs. She has taught curved piecing across the US, in Canada, and in the UK. Her first book about quilting, East-Meets-West Quilts, released in 2017. Patricia imports and sells vintage Japanese yukata cottons at her Okan Arts shop in Seattle and online.
Enrollment is limited to 12 students.
Skill Level: Beginning and advanced quilters welcome
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop Fee: $995 (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Class starts at 9am daily and ends at 4pm on the last day of the workshop
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging August 10-15, 2020: Monday Night – Saturday Morning:
- Meals served: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal is included in the price of the workshop)
- Evening meals will be on your own
- Triple Occupancy $390 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $545 (lodging plus 5 meals
- Single Occupancy $985 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
Prefer to register by mail? Be sure to contact us to reserve your place, then fill out the registration form below and return with your payment in full within the week.
Patricia Belyea Registration Form 2020