This pictorial applique workshop will cover all of David’s techniques including pattern drawing, fabric selection, freezer paper applique (using liquid starch), stitching, binding and quilting. Each workshop day will begin with a lecture/demo of a specific technique. Day One will focus on pattern drawing. On the second day we’ll put fabric to freezer paper and watch your project come alive! Construction will be on the agenda for Thursday and Friday. Saturday morning we’ll finish up with binding and quilting and workstation cleanup. Enrollment is limited to 12 students.
David Taylor was born in Peterborough, New Hampshire and currently lives in Henniker, NH.
His obsession with fabric began at an early age, salvaging tiny scraps from his mother’s sewing area trash bin.
David’s first quilt design was in 1999, collaborating on a fundraiser project for Strings Music Festival in Steamboat with friend Madeleine Vail of Clark, CO. Madeleine encouraged him to keep after it.
Following a visit to Houston in 2002 for the International Quilt Festival, his obsession with fabric turned into an obsession for quilting as art.
David Taylor is a two-time recipient of the Master Award for Contemporary Quilting from the International Quilt Association (2006, 2014), the Brother Wall Machine Workmanship Award from the American Quilters Society (Paducah Quilt Week, 2008), and a two-time Best of Show winner at the IQA’s Spring Festival in Chicago (2007, 2008). His works hang in numerous private collections around the world.
Visit David’s website
Level: Intermediate to Advanced Quilter
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $900 (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging)
- Class starts at 9am Tuesday August 13th, 2019 and ends Saturday afternoon August 17th, 2019
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging available Monday Night – Saturday Afternoon
- Meals provided with Lodging: Breakfast is served daily
- Evening meals will be on your own
- Triple Occupancy $370 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $520 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Single Occupancy $965 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
(No meals served when class is not in session)
Prefer to register by mail? Be sure to contact us to reserve your place, then fill out the registration form below and return with your payment in full within the week.
David Taylor Registration Form 2019