Creating an original series of quilts provides the opportunity to think more deeply about one subject. Perhaps the focus is a design concept (e.g. the color red, transparency, lines or forms). Maybe the quilts are related thematically or conceptually (e.g. biographical, political, geographical). Making choices about a body of work, rather than single quilts, will help you develop your artistic point of view. This class will coach you through deciding on a focus to the many technical and aesthetic decisions needed to bring your concepts to fruition. Arrive with a range of ideas, a sketchbook and a wide variety of fabric and sewing supplies. The goal of the class is not to complete an entire series in 5 days, but rather to choose a direction and make solid progress on it.
5 Day Class size is limited to 12 students.
Visit Modern Quilt Studio Website
Level: Intermediate to Advanced Quilter
- Deposit due with registration: $250
- Workshop cost $995 (includes lunch Tuesday-Saturday, excludes lodging
- Class starts at 9am Tuesday June 16, 2020 and ends Saturday afternoon June 20, 2020
- On site lodging available for an additional fee:
- Lodging available Monday Night – Saturday Afternoon
- Meals served: Breakfast is served daily (noon meal is included in the price of the workshop)
- Evening meals will be on your own
- Triple Occupancy $390 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Double Occupancy $545 (lodging plus 5 meals
- Single Occupancy $985 (lodging plus 5 meals)
- Add additional nights to your stay for $50 per night
- (No meals served when class is not in session)
- Prefer to register by mail? Be sure to contact us to reserve your place, then fill out the registration form below and return with your payment in full within the week.
Bill Kerr Registration Form 2020